Winter sports in Kranjska Gora
As the romantic Alpine valley becomes covered with snow, Kranjska Gora turns into a winter fairy tale for sports devotees and all those who like to enjoy nature and good company during the cold months.
In wintertime, Kranjska Gora offers sports, fun and delightful social life. It is especially suitable for young families and anyone wishing to learn how to ski. Some of the possibilities are resented below, others are there for you to discover on your own during your stay:
- Winter sports centre for alpine skiing and snowboarding: 30 km of excellently prepared runs and a skiing range, all with the option of artificial snow and night skiing.
- Cross-country skiing on more than 40 km of well-maintained trails, which leads also to Italy.
- Swimming in the Aqua Larix ank Kompas wellness centre.
- Sledding on dedicated slopes or down toboggan runs, in the daytime or night-time by torchlight.
- Tour skiing or extreme skiing accompanied by an Alpine guide.
- Climbing up the iced waterfalls for beginners and experienced climbers.
- Skating on natural ice or in a skating rink just outside between the hotel Kompas and Larix, where skating is possible in the evening hours as well.
- Night hike with torches.
- Reindeer rides for children.