Summer sports in Kranjska Gora
In the summertime, the mild and cool climate transforms Kranjska Gora into a pleasant green valley that offers a variety of possibilities, being an excellent starting point for numerous porting and adrenaline activities or just a place to share good company and relax amidst nature:
- It’s an exquisite starting point for hiking in a magnificent environment offering plenty of opportunities for spending time in nature.
- Biking on over 150 km of marked and well-maintained trails, many of which are also suitable for roller-skating.
- Bike Park for extreme bikers: free ride; descents down tables, jumps, swings and other obstacles; downhill track and dirt jump park. Extreme sport fans will also love the mountain biking possibilities.
- Mountaineering and climbing on the mighty peaks and mountains in the vicinity.
- Golf exercise grounds: three playing fields, driving range and putting green.
- Horse riding, riding school and unforgettable riding excursions into nature.
- Water sports on the emerald Soča river or on the Sava: canyoning, canoeing, kayaking and rafting.
- Photo-hunt through the surrounding woods, over hills and mountains for beautiful animals of the Alpine world. Visitors, led by a local guide, try to take unique photos of animals in their natural habitat in total respect of nature and wildlife.
- Fishing in the nearby rivers with their abundance of brown trout.
- Tennis on one of the many tennis courts in Kranjska Gora and its surroundings.
- Beach volleyball near the Larix hotel.
- Swimming in the water park of the Larix hotel and in the indoor pool of the Kompas hotel.
- Memorable experiences for children in fairyland such as the Kekec land or the Elf land, trips along the paths of the Triglav fairy tales, visit to the farm in Stane.
- For the young and those young at heart there is the adrenaline ride on the Besna Pehta (Furious Pehta) summer toboggan run.
- Diverse possibilities to get one’s strength back in the fitness centre or in the multi-purpose Vitranc sports hall.